Does this seem fishy?

I was good friends with this guy and we would always flirt . 1 day he ended up telling me that he was gay. This guy and I would spend hours together online , and I found out we only lived a hour away from each other, I’d always tell him we should “hang out,” but he would always have an excuse. We did meet up... show more I was good friends with this guy and we would always flirt . 1 day he ended up telling me that he was gay.

This guy and I would spend hours together online , and I found out we only lived a hour away from each other, I’d always tell him we should “hang out,” but he would always have an excuse. We did meet up but it took over 2 years.
He ends up matching with this guy from Tinder in September and within 1 hour. He decides to travel 6 hours to go visit him for a weekend. It ends with us fighting . Two month he ends up calling me. I ask him how he’s doing. He tells me that him and his boyfriend have moved in with each other.
Recently I found out that there was this possibility that we might be related, and my dad and his fiancé are having a wedding and it would be the only chance he’d get to meet them. So I tell him, and he tells me that he isn’t related & nd that the family is his mother’s best friend.
He then proceeds to ask me if I told my family that he was gay because he hasn’t come out of the closet yet.
First of all why does it matter if my family knows he’s gay?
Secondly he’s been living with his bfsince December (that’s 7 months) and his family doesn’t know he’s gay. Which means he’s been hiding his relationship about his family for that long, and he’s not allowing his bf meet his family.
So do you think he’s actually gay? Do you think he actually has a boyfriend? Or do you think this is just all a game for him?