Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Murmurings and whispers of “Jesus” during a church service?

I recently started attending a new church. I love every part about it, from how scriptural the message is, to how loving the people are.

I have noticed, however, during certain services, things become..different? Once a prophet came and prayed over several people, who broke down crying on the floor. Everyone started whispering and murmuring. People screamed, “thank you Lord!” and “Jesus! Jesus!”. It definitely caught me off guard, as I haven’t seen this in the churches I’ve attended throughout my life.

Would somebody be able to tell me why this happens, or what scriptural reasoning there is for this? I would really appreciate it! I’d like to learn so I can better understand why this takes place. Thank you!

I believe that was a false prophet, be very careful and do not let those people pray for U. I was in two of those pentecostal churches where these things happened and left as i do not believe that is of YHVH GOD. Mostly those people need to be delivered but they do not see it.

“Anonymous”, correctly understood, the church is a collection of spirits and a body that regularly gathers to acknowledge divinity who exists as spirit, is immortal, is incorruptible, and is invisible. The authority, dominion, and power of GOD appears through divine operations within the lives of created beings and living creatures who are committed, guided, and become transformed through discovery, gradual growth, fellowship, unselfish service, and suffering. Christian believers become set apart for sacred service (we say, are sanctified) by receiving fresh endowments of “life essence” (breath; spirit; word) imparted from the makeup of GOD. While living on the earth, and meeting the same life challenges and “growing pains” as others, developing Christian believers all are to receive inseparable aspects of divine fullness (we also say, the Godhead; the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit), and become mature/ripe for harvest by the Lord at his coming. Included are balance, faith, holiness, integrity, longsuffering, lovingkindness, personhood, wisdom, and wrath against sin.

The church is held to be authentic as an instrument and tool of GOD where immutable, unchanging truth is shared that includes divine law; where the multiple covenants established by GOD with mankind are acknowledged; where the sacred events (miracles) and the promises of GOD are continued; and where there are the appearance of spiritual gifts and sacred substance as an affirmation of commanded expectations (hope), the demonstration and fulfillment of prophecy, and the further revelation of divine prerogative (we also say, grace), eternal purpose, and the sovereign will of GOD.

GOD is not the author or origin of confusion; and the church must practice discipline and restraint. However, there are many systematic and permanent changes a man must undergo to become a life companion with divinity. For example, in water baptism, ones inborn spirit must die and be buried; only then can the believer become reborn through divine DNA (so to speak), and grow to display the fruit of the Spirit. Being a vessel filled with divine seed, the believer will exist as a son or daughter of GOD, a divine heir, and “the new creation” of Jesus Christ. Consider again the following that uses language from the Bible:

1. 1st Corinthians 12: 3-11, King James Version (KJV): 3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

2. 1st Corinthians 14: 26-33, KJV: 26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. 27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended. (For example, 3. Romans 8: 5-9, KJV: 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.) Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful. Be it unto you according to your faith.

Image downloaded 5:50 PM, June 25, 2019 @ https://i.pinimg.com/736x/88/0c/fd/880cfd45ce9b686...

THE BLACK PHOENIX

Washington, DC

Source(s): Years of prayer, study of the holy writings, and life experience. For more, use the links, here, to some of my other answers.
  • Rod

Was this a pentecostal or charismatic church you went to?

(1Cor 14:23) If therefore the whole church be come together into one place..

v:40 Let all things be done DECENTLY and in ORDER.

God is not the author of confusion in a church service (1Cor 14:35)

Indecent and disorderly behaviour will only cause confusion and even fear among people in a church gathering.

How else can you describe people crying and breaking down --- by letting their emotions get the better of them ?

You say the person who instigated this was a prophet --- did he call himself one ?

While it is true the 1st century church did have some prophets along with apostles and teachers etc, (1Cor 12:27-31) we must also understand the early church did not have the complete and perfect word of God for their faith (2Tim 3:16)

Prophets were important in bringing words of prophecies from God to the church just like the gift of tongues from some in the church were important so long as they were interpreted by others so the church could understand this knowledge from God (1Cor 14:27-32)

Are prophets and the other spiritual gifts of the early church still operating today ?

We know all the apostles of Christ are no longer alive today -- why would prophets and other spiritual gifts be needed today if christian's have the complete word of God to read and study for their faith? (1Cor 13:8-10 & 2 Tim 2:15)

I am sure many people in the pentecostal/ charismatic churches are true christian's who have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation (Acts 16:31, 1Cor 15:1-4 & Eph 1:13)

But it doesn't mean the practice of their faith is correct. To allow their flesh and emotions to get out of control is not God honouring. Loud and noisy music and repetitive verse singing in a church can affect a persons thought processes. In that state it can allow a church minister to implant his personal views of the bible into other peoples thoughts which they may not agree with -- but may be too afraid to disagree !

I am a ex- assembly of God pentecostalist myself --- but I had to get out because I did not believe through my own bible study that it was scriptural how they were worshiping and serving God.

(Rom 8:9) So then they that are in the flesh CANNOT PLEASE God.

v:9 But ye are NOT in the FLESH, but in the SPIRIT..

(2Cor 5:7) For we walk by FAITH, NOT by SIGHT.

(caps all mine)

Source(s): KJV 1611
  • IOM

Yeah, typical of Evangelicals/Pentecostals. Been in one of them. They're nuts.

Sounds like a Pentecostal assembly. They believe in some unbiblical things like being "slain in the spirit," speaking in tongues, etc.

They are highly emotional - part theatrics and part mania.

Who was this Prophet - Muhammad or Joseph Smith

or maybe Peter Popoff . It was only some guy fleecing the weak minded idiots attending .

If it's Pentecostal they're none sense is emotional BS .

first of all murmerings are like compllaining. so these are wrong. the whisperings of the spirit could be faintly heard voices. in my experience i am more prone to Inspiration and feeling what the spirit is saying. however even these can be be confusion if the antichrists and sorcerers invade the churches, and they do !