Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

How do I leave an unhappy relationship?

Me and my boyfriend were in close contact with each other for over a year before we eventually got into a relationship. In that time he hurt me too many times I can count but I thought things would change when we got together but it hasn’t. He makes no effort to see me, has admitted to going out with other girls a lot, never brings me around his family/friends, never takes me anywhere and never does anything with me and if he does it’s only around my house. He prioritises everyone else over me and would rather go out than be with me. I’m lucky if I see him once a week. I’m unhappy and I’ve told him this but whenever I try to leave him he refuses to let me and tells me he’ll change but nothing ever does and I feel so trapped and I don’t know what to do

9 Answers

  • 5 months ago

    You have to break up and block him, be strong, he manipulates you.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    I see, so you are gullible, and anyone can manipulate you.

    You are not a prisoner of war, prisoner, or kidnapped, so you got yourself into this mess, and you CAN get yourself OUT.

    When human beings make a mess they have to learn how to clean after themselves.

  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

    Are you living together? Is the place in your name or his? IF it's in yours, change the locks, put his stuff on the street and move on. If it's in his name, MOVE OUT. You don't owe him anything at this point. You've stated your concerns, he doesn't seem to care, i.e. he's taking you for granted. If that's OK with you, stay. If you want better (you deserve better!!), move and have NO second thoughts.

  • 5 months ago

    You do not need him to "let" you break up with him, or anything else. If you want to leave, leave.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

    Well, sing it

    "You sneak out the back Jack, makin new plans Stan, no need to be coy Roy, just listen to me"

    "There must be 50 ways to leave your lover".

  • Katzen
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

    I wish you and I could trade bodies for two weeks. During this time I'll break up with him, and when he starts refusing and making empty promises I'll just straight up block him from everything and ignore him until he goes away.

  • Teal
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    You don't need his permission to break up. Tell him it's over and then cut off all contact. He goes out with other girls, hides you from his friends and family, and barely pays attention to you. You were never really in a relationship to begin with. Stop letting him jerk you around and stand up for yourself. You aren't helpless. This can end today if you want it to.

  • 5 months ago

    Well he clearly isn't around very much. Simply pack your things and go while he is out. Live with friends or family (or you may have to save up some money and get a place if that isn't an option). Leave him a note if you want but that's up to you.

    Then, don't talk to him at all. Block him on social media, refuse or hang up if he calls, ignore texts and emails and if you see him in public then walk the other way. You owe him nothing and all the contact is going to be is a whiny "please come back" dialogue so just ignore it all.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    You said he makes no effort to see you and never does anything with you.

    Just stop calling him and use your peephole before you answer the door.

    Problem solved.


Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.