How do I leave an unhappy relationship?

Me and my boyfriend were in close contact with each other for over a year before we eventually got into a relationship. In that time he hurt me too many times I can count but I thought things would change when we got together but it hasn’t. He makes no effort to see me, has admitted to going out with other girls a... show more Me and my boyfriend were in close contact with each other for over a year before we eventually got into a relationship. In that time he hurt me too many times I can count but I thought things would change when we got together but it hasn’t. He makes no effort to see me, has admitted to going out with other girls a lot, never brings me around his family/friends, never takes me anywhere and never does anything with me and if he does it’s only around my house. He prioritises everyone else over me and would rather go out than be with me. I’m lucky if I see him once a week. I’m unhappy and I’ve told him this but whenever I try to leave him he refuses to let me and tells me he’ll change but nothing ever does and I feel so trapped and I don’t know what to do
9 answers 9