Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 months ago

Why do Level 7 people find it within themselves to move 'News & Events' questions to other sites?

...with the main 'destinations' they feel where it 'should be', either 'Yahoo Products' (to start off with) - or if it's a kind of question they don't want anyone else to see, anything from 'Travel - Taiwan' to 'Pregnancy & Parenting > Trying to Conceive'.

Will this ever be sorted out, and these group be brought to book?

Update:

My reason for posting 'anonymously' is, depressingly, I am from a part of the world where (on here) lily-livered and spiteful, not to say offensive people come here basically for get whatever it is out of their system. Also I'm not at the level where I make this site a laugh. Like some.

Update 2:

England.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Will it ever be sorted? DON'T hold your breath.

Nowadays you don't even get an email when a answer is erroneously reported, to lodge an appeal.

This site is going down the hill. Staff were culled, to increase profit margins. And since the users AREN'T in the same league as advertisers, until a massive walkout by users occurs precipitating catastrophe nothing is likely to improve.

Why move questions? Removes the answer which is highly unlikely to endorse the view which is likely to bust the myth.

Ideas and facts are dangerous, hence they are undesired to make anyone reflect.

Some users have multiple accounts. And no doubt they are essential to mess others about.

As for trying to make this sight "fun" they lost the battle (and departed) to the poo faced (who tend to be drab and see nothing redeeming in humor), when the old Yahoo answers version was modernized to accommodate new technology, i.e. tablets and smartphones.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

They are neo fascists who like to control what people read. They have been on here too long, it's sent them a bit Dotty 😂🤣😂

• Ben
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Because they like to move questions in general.

• 5 months ago

It may be some doing it. Not all of them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Any feature that can be abused will be abused.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Why are.You a coward and post anonymously so we have to take your word that you don't bring it on yourself?

So you are a coward and hide from accountability like I said? Got it.

• Ontol
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Move your own question. Everybody trying to conceive needs to know about news and events.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Some people like to be Trolls and Cause Trouble the only thing you can do Unfortunately is move it back to the Correct Category nothing else you can do

Lv 7
    5 months ago

It happens all over the site. Every feature that Yahoo ever added to this site, was immediately abused by those who don't care about the site or the other users. It's just how it is (same as in the offline world with people who abuse and misuse things).

Knowing why some people abuse the site or violate the 'rules' won't stop it from happening. Some Level 7s find it amusing to relocate questions. They may do it to harass the OP, the subcategory the question was moved from, the subcategory the question is moved to, or the YA Community in general.

Some do it because the question is a violation and they either are trying to hide it so it will get little attention or trying to put it somewhere they think it may have a higher chance of being reported (even though it's inappropriate to move a question for those reasons and makes them as much in violation as the user who posted the inappropriate question to begin with).

If you intend to continue using YA, you'll have to learn to live with it until (IF) such a time as we are given a reliable method to report the abuse (and I don't expect that to happen any time soon, if ever). If it troubles you that much, there are other sites online to spend time time on. You can also work diligently to reach Level 7 yourself, and thus gain the ability to relocate misplaced questions that you didn't post yourself (there are a number of Level 7s that do that as well).

• 5 months ago

I have no idea, but it's irritating as crap.

Source(s): Mr Hooberbloob, the dispatcher.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.