Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

Would 16k be enough to hire a private maid to cook and clean for a family of 5??

maybe we find an illegal immigrant that would take payment under the table and keep her mouth shut.

Yeah you can hire this woman from the homeless shelter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1zqiDM2zec

Youtube thumbnail

According to some women out there 968 million isn't enough.

it depends. in South America or Mexico or the Antilles it would be. you could probably hire 3 or 4 staff for that much. I have a home in st barts and I have a caretaker for the n im away, and 3 staff when im there. they are not live in but year round would be about 10k a year. In Other places like the Bahamas or Jamaica where my grandmother lived it was far less. In NYC and London I have 3 polish girls on staff in each house and they are about 20-25k a year I think but they are live in and thats not including bonuses.I used to have Filipinas and they were a lot less expensive but they did not look as presentable and their language gave me a headache. They were very loud and talked really fast. I think it would be more if they just came every day and worked in your house. If you have staff rooms and provide room and board its less. A chef is more money and usually requires his own bedroom and bathroom. I used to hire one every summer in Long Island and that was about 30k with expenses for the season. My wife pays for it since I provide the room and board so im not totally sure. we dont discuss each others finances much but I had 1 or 2 girls working before getting married and paid about 20. The same women who helped raise me is raising my two kids and she lives with us. I pay her 30k a year plus bonuses which comes to 40k and she has her own bedroom and bathroom and half kitchen with a den. You could probably find a nanny for less but I wanted her for the job.

at my wife home in Switzerland I hired one caretaker/major domo. he travels with me half the year and is in Switzerland the other Hal looking after the house. ive known him since I was kid too and he used to be a sailor on one of my adoptive fathers ships that I worked on fo a year. He makes 50k

Depends on where you are. In my state even illegals have to be paid at least minimum wage and based on my state's current minimum wage (assuming a 40 hour week) you'd have to pay about twice that. Then of course there's the risk of going to prison for tax fraud you'd have to worry about.

Yep, you've got it. That's how it works.

An hour or two per day perhaps...

Or, some other arrangement, where you provide accommodations for work that wont be 24/7.

No. I know illegal Immigrant maids who will not get out of the bed for less than 50k.

Nope. Not even an illegal.

Illegals aren't badly paid. The business or individual hiring simply doesn't pay taxes, FICA and any of the other onerous payroll taxes that an honest business has to. That's the trick. If you're paid even minimum wage 'tax free', that's like being paid $11 an hour.

It depends on where you live and how much she works.

Sure for dinner, and maybe breakfast the next day as well.