T/F. Why does religion constantly degrade and humiliate its followers in order to glorify and elevate its god?;-(?

Favorite Answer

Strong, confident people don't need gods. Only weak and damaged people do. That's why people must be artificially degraded.

Illustrating how to identify those who practice true religion, the Bible says: “By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?” You need not be a botanist to distinguish a fig tree from a thistle; likewise, you need not be an expert on religion to tell the true from the false. What are some of the fruits, or identifying features, of true religion?

True religion teaches the truth from God’s Word, the Bible. It is not based on human philosophies.

True religion helps people get to know God, including knowing his name, Jehovah.

True religion focuses attention on God’s Kingdom, not man’s governments, as the only hope for mankind.

True religion promotes unselfish love. It teaches people to respect all ethnic groups, to use their time and resources to help others, and to avoid sharing in the wars of the nations.

True religion is a way of life, not just ritual or formality. Its members practice what they preach.

Source(s): One of Jehovah Witnesses and the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah Witnesses https://www.jw.org/en/ Here are some very helpful links to articles about your question: Should You Trust Religion? https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp201...

Some religions work that way. Usually, there's a covert purpose, to glorify and elevate some of its leaders, as "representatives" of the god. The god in such a religion is merely a means to that end.

If you find yourself involved in such a religion, I would advise you to separate yourself from it and look elsewhere for spiritual help and guidance.

• Stanley

Choko, I've unblocked you. Ok! I can take whatever comes my way but, I don't come on here to have strangers ( you in this case) tell strangers (me in this case) what they might, or might not have done right or, wrong. Do you get OFF by doing it? ;-)

I studied the major religions of the world and you can't make a broad statement about all religions like that

The cynical, the contemptuous "have their reward", Matthew 6:2 "Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" attach to the kingdom of God, Romans 14:17

• I guess true?.........................

• Acetek

Why questions are not True/False Questions. Why questions require a statement or explanation.

The answer is: False

True or False?

_____________

Stinky Stan has figured out how to rig the system that resulted in him having a "best answer" percentage rating of 9600%.

How did you manage that, Stinky Stan?

And you have only answered 37 questions?

-

• Stanley

Damn it Anon, I really really wish I could take the credit for this but, being an honest kinda guy I can't. It was Yahoo. ;-)

False it does the opposite it makes our lives better.