MIKE asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 months ago

Why do level 7 Yahoo members play God and sometimes move questions that hurt liberals to Yahoo sections that are buried & not seen?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 6
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Because level 7 users like to play around moving questions in general.

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Being able to relocate questions is NOTHING like "playing god" BUT every feature that Yahoo ever added to this site, was immediately abused by those who don't care about the site or the other users. It's just how it is (same as in the offline world with people who abuse and misuse things).

Knowing why some people abuse the site or violate the 'rules' won't stop it from happening. Some Level 7s find it amusing to relocate questions. They may do it to harass the OP, the subcategory the question was moved from, the subcategory the question is moved to, or the YA Community in general.

Some do it because the question is a violation and they either are trying to hide it so it will get little attention or trying to put it somewhere they think it may have a higher chance of being reported (even though it's inappropriate to move a question for those reasons and makes them as much in violation as the user who posted the inappropriate question to begin with).

If you intend to continue using YA, you'll have to learn to live with it until (IF) such a time as we are given a reliable method to report the abuse (and I don't expect that to happen any time soon, if ever). If it troubles you that much, there are other sites online to spend time time on. You can also work diligently to reach Level 7 yourself, and thus gain the ability to relocate misplaced questions that you didn't post yourself (there are a number of Level 7s that do that as well).

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

How funny! Level 7s "play god" etc. I don't believe for a moment God gets involved with Yahoo answers. They just do it to annoy the askers. It seems to be working with you.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Because they can? I wonder, how many YA users actually only read one section, rather than reading all new questions as I do?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

you only hurt the ones you really love.

• 5 months ago

Play God by moving a question to a different category? Exaggerate much?

• 5 months ago

There does seem to be a liberal level 7 bully working here today.

I think that her life must be so frustrating and empty that this is the only way she can exert any kind of power.

The real question is, why does Yahoo continue to allow this kind of cyber bullying behavior? The ability to move questions is the number one way that bullies work here, and that function has no real purpose. The easiest thing to do would be to just remove that authority.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.