How can I help my mom make more friends?

I know this question sounds weird but just hear me out. It s been just me and my mom for about 6-7 years now, my dad died when I was 11, and I m going off to college next year. I m worried about her being by myself, my siblings are all adults with their own families and worries and don t often have time to... show more I know this question sounds weird but just hear me out. It s been just me and my mom for about 6-7 years now, my dad died when I was 11, and I m going off to college next year. I m worried about her being by myself, my siblings are all adults with their own families and worries and don t often have time to "hang out" with my mom. My mom doesn t have very many friends and most nights she and I spend together watching TV or other things. I m worried about her mental state when I go off to college with being alone for so long and just her in our good sized house by herself. I want to help her but I don t want to come off as condescending or not wanting to talk to her while I m in college, but I ll be out of state and won t be able to visit every weekend. Thanks
2 answers 2