My girlfriend wants to keep a puppy but we already have a dog. What should I do?

A starving puppy (like 5 weeks) was dumped by my house and we found it crying in the middle of the street. Not wanting it to get hit, we brought it in and gave it puppy formula and a bed to sleep in until we could find a home, but now my girl wants to keep it. It gets along with my dog (5yo female) but I don't... show more A starving puppy (like 5 weeks) was dumped by my house and we found it crying in the middle of the street. Not wanting it to get hit, we brought it in and gave it puppy formula and a bed to sleep in until we could find a home, but now my girl wants to keep it. It gets along with my dog (5yo female) but I don't want to have to go through potty training and the dreaded chewing phase again. What should I do?