Vomiting and diarrhea in new kitten?

I got an 8 week old kitten about four days ago. when she first came home her stool was normal but she wasn't eating or drinking very much. the humane society I got her from recommended mixing a bit of wet food in with her dry food as a treat if she wasn't eating. she ate that a little more than the dry food... show more I got an 8 week old kitten about four days ago. when she first came home her stool was normal but she wasn't eating or drinking very much. the humane society I got her from recommended mixing a bit of wet food in with her dry food as a treat if she wasn't eating. she ate that a little more than the dry food alone but she still didn't finish the bowl. the diarrhea and vomiting started the day after. she's thrown up twice (not very much though) and it was white and foamy. it's been less than 24 hours since it started. besides those symptoms she seems normal, still very active and she doesn't seem like she's in pain. I'm wondering if I should take her to the vet or attribute it to a diet change and just make sure she's staying hydrated. this is my first cat so I'm really worried. thank you
Update: P.S I did the fur test to see if she was dehydrated and it doesn't seem like it
1 answer 1