Can very small male canines viably breed with much larger females?

To give an example of what I'm talking about: if you had a male chihuahua and a female irish wolfhound, would you be able to successfully breed the two and receive viable offspring? This isn't about natural insemination specifically (the size difference would make that awkward, if not impossible), or about... show more To give an example of what I'm talking about: if you had a male chihuahua and a female irish wolfhound, would you be able to successfully breed the two and receive viable offspring? This isn't about natural insemination specifically (the size difference would make that awkward, if not impossible), or about the effects on things like litter size, but just about the reproduction between breeds of such large size differences and the ability of the resulting offspring to continue the species (at all, not necessarily with regards to either parent breed).

I'm trying to learn about the viability of reproduction between small dog breeds and large ones, but Google isn't particularly helpful; it provides a wealth of information regarding the obvious and obscure reasons a very small female could not reproduce with a much larger male (both regarding the complications of an attempted natural insemination and the physiological limitations regarding pregnancy), but is strangely tight-lipped regarding the reverse.