What would you think if your friend bought his wife a Tiffany's engagement ring?

What would you think of them? Are they status conscious?

Would you think he was bragging for volunteering that that's where he got the ring from?

The key word here is "volunteering". In that case, of course they want their bragging rights. They also apparently don't realize how obnoxious this is.

Obviously, if they get asked, that's different.

At least one of them is.

• Athena

Not really.

Maybe Tiffany's is special for some reason.

Maybe they saw the Movie when they first met.

I would wonder why he's buying an engagement ring for a woman to whom he is already married.

• drip

Was he bragging about it coming from Tiffany’s?

If he just casually just mention it. Or did he make a huge announcement and made sure everyone knows it is from Tiffany’s?

Just like any designer clothing, some of what you pay for is the brand name. Is a pair of Michael Kor jeans at $150+ any better than a pair of Levi jeans at $50+?

Some of what he paid for was the blue box. Don’t be jealous.

• GEEGEE

I would think that was lovely assuming SHE was happy with the purchase.

you... can't buy your wife an engagement ring when you're already married....

who is the moron who thumbs me down lmao

• Kelly

I have an engagement ring from Tiffany's. My husband didn't care what his friends thought, he wasn't buying it for them. When he was ring shopping the only person he had in mind was me.

I'm guessing the vast majority of people don't know where my ring came from. There was no announcing where it came from by either of us.

I've never asked one of my friends where they were buying their wife's jewelry from or cared where they did.

• Not necessarily, if she wanted a Tiffany engagement ring then she should get what she wants, or some thing similar. I couldn't care less where the ring came from. The ring is a symbol of their love and commitment to each other, it shouldn't be used as a status symbol. If that's what she wanted then I would be happy for them.

I have no idea whether 'Tiffany's' is considered good or bad and, to be honest, it doesn't matter. A wedding ring is a symbol. It could be gold or stainless steel or even a composite material provided it does not corrode in normal use.

If my friends wished to commit to each other through marriage, I would be happy for them. If they are trying to impress (positively or negatively) by their choice of ring, I would think less of them because they would have missed the point of marriage.