Why does my husband devalue my dad? He says he is some other person and doesn’t mean **** to him. He also said my friends could die.?

I have been married for almost 13 years and my husband will say I am choosing my dad and friends over him. He will then go on to day my dad doesn’t mean anything, he has never done anything, he is not apart of our family and he doesn’t mean **** to him. It’s hurtful and makes me want to stay away from my dad,... show more I have been married for almost 13 years and my husband will say I am choosing my dad and friends over him. He will then go on to day my dad doesn’t mean anything, he has never done anything, he is not apart of our family and he doesn’t mean **** to him.

It’s hurtful and makes me want to stay away from my dad, even though I love him and he is always there for me and my family. I have two kids. My kids live and respect their grandpa.

He is a good dad, husband and grandfather. He is a stand up man and respected in the community. My husband is not very social and says hurtful things about my dad, my siblings, their families and my mom. It’s hurtful and makes me feel bad for them. It also makes me feel bad and guilty for wanting to have a relationship with them. Sometimes I feel a tinge if guilt when my mom or dad calls and my husband is the room. I may not answer the phone and call them back when I am Ali e.

He even says my friends could die and they don’t mean anything. I put to much value in my friendships and they mean nothing. All of this is replaying in my mind.