Who's wrong? Unsocialized dogs at adoption events?

My daughter and I brought our dog to the pet store. Outside the doors was an adoption event. We approached and chatted with the staff and interacted with the dogs. However, there was a volunteer covering one dog's face with a packet of papers when we approached. She advised us we could chat with her and ask... show more My daughter and I brought our dog to the pet store. Outside the doors was an adoption event. We approached and chatted with the staff and interacted with the dogs. However, there was a volunteer covering one dog's face with a packet of papers when we approached. She advised us we could chat with her and ask questions, but keep our dog away from hers. As my daughter went to grab a packet from her table, the dog growled and immediately nipped our dog before she could step back. The lady told us we were at fault for not keeping distance. I say she's at fault for not muzzling and bringing an unsocialized dog to an adoption event.

We went inside and reported this to the store manager. The manager then spoke with the adoption lady, only to ask us to leave because "our dog attacked hers" when in fact he did not.

IMO, if a dog isn't socialized with the public, it shouldn't be in this situation. Before I make a company complaint, who was at fault?
Update: We did not bring our dog any closer. My kid went to grab something from her and the dog lunged. DS always looking to blame the asker smh