Chloe asked in PetsRodents · 5 months ago

Help please!!!?

I got my hamster two weeks ago and everything’s been great, two russian dwarfs. Sleep together and get alone fine just fight a little over a bit of food. I left for a weekend at the caravans and left them home with plenty of food. come back and one of them is absolutely mental!! she’s scared of everything and everyone screams and squeals if u go near her or try touch her or anything. when the other hamster goes near her as they digging around she goes crazy and try’s fighting her off. she throws herself on her back and screams. don’t know what to do i really need help. i’ve had hamsters before but nothing like this has ever happened. we were thinking she could be nesting but she is acting so so different 😭😭

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Sounds like they need to be separated and the now scared one will need to get back to the beginning.

A video how you may have to treat your hammy back to socializing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g0X7Nje9PI

Youtube thumbnail

First will be separating, then adjusting to the new home.

• Chloe5 months agoReport

i separated then straight after them fighting, but thank u so much

• 5 months ago

rnaybe you should seperate thern if theyre going to fight with each other

• 5 months ago

i’ve separated them i’m not sure who to put in the smaller cage either the one that’s having these problems or the one that’s completely fine!! that’s the one they were both in but the not right one is in it we can’t get her out also she’s sat in the same spot for about 15-20 mins now

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.