Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 5 months ago

Who exactly agreed that queen Elizabeth ll is the heir to the throne when she isn't descendent of William the Conqueror?

Why do you imagine that's the primary deciding factor?

She became the heir to the throne when her father became King. Which occurred when his brother abdicated. She hadn't been the heir until that happened.

Also, given how much intermarriage has occurred among European royalty, it's false to say she's not descended from him. See the attached link:

https://familypedia.wikia.org/wiki/Descent_of_Eliz...

She has direct royal descent from William I through 32 steps.

• ann5 months agoReport

I forgot to say this: I worked it out wrong. Now I see that she is a descent from William. 👍

Her ancestor Henry Tudor conquered more recently.

She wasn't a descendant of his because she's too old to be his descendant. It's actually William the Conqueror that is the descendant of Queen Elizabeth II.

She is a descendant of William the Conqueror.

Queen Elizabeth II is descended from more Germans than English. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

• brother_in_magic

Except you're wrong, look it up. And the Germans you are talking about were themselves descended from British royalty...

Me. I did. That was me who agreed.