Mike asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 5 months ago

I keep trying to boot up windows 10 and it shows the logo but then it gives me an error Saying My pc needs to be repaired error:0xc000225?

I first got stuck into the automatic repair loop and then I got the error disk cannot be read when I tried to boot up and now this please help

Windows cannot find the System Files used for booting, you need to reinstall windows.

Actually my pc is stuck with this, I have to fix it some tho. The thing might be that it’s trying to boot from a different partition in which there is wi does files on but not the full os, try booting from a different volume and select the one that works. It helped me out. For me to fix the problem I have to format all drives because of allocated storage default previous windows security crap. But it works fine for now. The annoying part is that it takes an extra five seconds for the system to choose the correct “os” to boot the volume. Try going I to bios and selecting a different drive to boot from. If that doesn’t work then instal onto another drive and try to recover your data

the post below may be relevant and help you out. You either need reinstallation disks or you might be able to rebuild the bcd. It does depend what you did to cause the issue.

Actually, I agree with Not. Download a live boot image and burn it to a CD to see if you can mount the HDD and verify whether this is a hardware issue or a software one.

Also, to reiterate what ∅ meant, you might end up needing to reformat the whole drive and installing windows from scratch (if you have a brand bought computer then you can usually find the system restores on their webpage... this would NOT be the restore that is located on your Hard Drive in a hidden partition.

Fixing these type of problems generally requires knowledge of what to do, but do use a linux live disk (Pick any distro with a GUI, it doesn't matter.... knoppix if you don't want to google or choose) and see if you can still access the drive and the partitions.

• Lv 7

your hard drive is damaged. either reinstall Windows or take to a repair shop. you cannot fix this yourself...

• Mike5 months agoReport

Ive tried to reinstall, if I get a whole brand new hdd do you think it will fix it?

• Not

lol haha get linux instead noob

• Mike5 months agoReport

Thanks for the help I appreciate it

Use a hammer to fix it