Sued for no reason!?!?

On Thursday, I was driving to work and a child ran in front of my car. I swerved out of the way just in time and hit a tree in front of the child's parents house. the tree didn't fall over or anything rather it just got bent over and the bark was broken. The parents of the child filed a class action... show more On Thursday, I was driving to work and a child ran in front of my car. I swerved out of the way just in time and hit a tree in front of the child's parents house. the tree didn't fall over or anything rather it just got bent over and the bark was broken.

The parents of the child filed a class action lawsuit against me. Ordering $2500 for the tree to be repaired.

What should I do? They should be grateful I didn't hit their kid!
Update: They emailed me and said that they would file a class action lawsuit. I'm not trolling or lying.
Update 2: Can I counter sue since they weren't properly supervising their child?