Jade asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

My boyfriend said he wants me to be skinny and lose weight...,should I do it?

I'm 13 and my boyfriends 16, he said he wants me to be skinny...I told him that I didn't want to lose weight and then he said "do it for me" then I told him I would think about it. I'm not sure if I should lose weight or not, but I like my body the way it is...

I'm 177 pounds and I'm 5'7, my weight is distributed through out my body pretty evenly (I'm not fat or chubby...) most of my weight is in my thighs, butt, boobs, and hips, I could lose weight though I kinda wanted to lose weight for awhile now...but not as much as he said to lose (he said he wants me to lose 20-30 pounds).

I know he's trying to manipulate me by saying "do it for me, you want to make me happy right" and "you'd look so beautiful", so in spit I kinda don't want to do it.

What should I do?

Girl, here’s who can tell you to lose weight:

1.Yourself

2.Your doctor

If you need/want to lose weight to be healthy, to feel good, to look good, then do it, but don’t do it for some boy.

I know that you probably don’t want to hear this, but most people don’t end up with the person they dated when they were 13, and odds are you won’t either. So, you should end the relationship now and move on.

Tell him that you don’t want or need to lose weight, tell him you feel like he’s trying to manipulate you and list the reasons like you did. Ask him how he would feel if you told him he needs to grow a beard, or dye his hair, or have a six pack in order for you to be attracted to him. Maybe he’ll get mad, maybe he won’t understand, but eventually he will and you will both learn a lesson from this.

Find a boy who appreciates your hips, and encourages you if you do decide to lose weight, but don’t let a boy think that he gets to decide what you do with your body, because it is not up to him.

This is why little kids 'dating' is often so toxic. The only ones who should be thinking about your weight and 'advising you' is your doctor and parents.

Don't do it...it is not his decision to make. He is manipulating you....his head is in the clouds.

No. You don't ever make any changes like that unless you want to and as long as you're healthy there's no point in losing weight unless its sloppy weight which you don't have from how it sounds.

• Baljinder5 months agoReport

https://www.healthmast.com/simple-exercise-for-flat-belly/

On my opinion if he really actually loves you then he wouldn’t care what body type you have, if he fell in love with your personality then he shouldn’t care about your body type. It’s on you if you wanna lose weight, he shouldn’t force you to lose weight just bc he wants you to, it’s on you. If you ask him what did he fall for in you and if he responds with something similar to your personality then say “then you shouldn’t care about my weight” or something like that. Bc he should love you the way you are. But if he keeps saying to lose weight then just dump him cuz he’s not gonna accept the way you are .

• Eva

Get a new boyfriend.

Unpopular opinion here, but think about why he's asking it. If it's just that he wants you to lose weight to fit an ideal body type, that's a good reason to dump him. He'll never be fully into you if he can't get past your physical appearance.

However.....

My wife is overweight. I love her very much. I would like to see her lose weight because it would help with her overall health.

At your size, you are in the overweight category. Losing some weight could help with joint pain (that develops over time) among other issues that could come up.

I'm not saying that you're not good looking. Hell, there are many women that are plus sized that are sexy AF. The concern that I have for my wife (and would have for you if I was your BF) is that you are healthy. A healthy body can make life much easier.

Good luck.

• Jade5 months agoReport

I'm not seriously over weight, my doctor says I'm at a healthy weight. Most of my weight is my boobs, thighs, hips, and butt, I have a small waist (27 inches).

I'm not over weight or fat.

Your young! Why even bother yourself with a jerk like that? If he doesn't love you for you, then he is not a good person.

Looks are important to an extent, like your face for example, you need to like what you see. But your body? If someone loves you for you, the body type SHOULD NOT matter.

You are young, you have plenty of time ahead of you. Don't let this guy change who you are. If your happy with yourself, then he needs to be happy with you too. Plus.... Thick is the new hot. No one wants a bone skinny size 2 girl, most guys out there love the curves and love that BOOTY.

Own what and who you are, be happy and do you boo.

your boyfriend is a dick. he just wants you because of your body. leave that scum and find someone better.

• James5 months agoReport

He's also a pedophilic ****. Think about it. 16, 13. Doesn't work

You are too young for a boyfriend. Your size and weight look perfect to me. If he persists, you can always find another boyfriend.