Can you use table salt for a dishwasher?
I mean using table salt as a makeshift substitute for granulated dishwasher salt just until I get the chance to buy the original product.
- Anonymous5 months agoBest answer
I wouldn't. Granulated salt is cheap and readily available at all supermarkets. Table salt may clog up the system. I wouldn't risk my machine. I love it too much.
- Roger the MoleLv 75 months ago
If you mean substituting table salt for dish washing detergent, no.
Consider the prices. If using salt worked, no one would buy detergent, so there would be no detergent to buy.
- pisgahchemistLv 75 months ago
What would be the point? Salt dissolved in water is not a cleaning agent. If it survives the rinse cycle there may be a thin deposit of NaCl on all the contents.
- Name WithheldLv 75 months ago
Never heard of using salt in a dishwasher - someone please enlighten me !
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- GTBLv 75 months ago
Table salt is not a dish washing detergent.