Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

going to a concert alone? good idea?

so, I was gonna go to Billie Eilish concert with a girl I met but suddenly she cant go anymore however I do I have an extra ticket but her parents said no either way. I'm a minor and idk if it's a good idea if I go alone? my parents wouldn't want to go either way. but at the same time, I would love to see her! again, would it be a good idea if I still go alone?? plus, I don't have any friends to go with...?

• Raven

Who cares what people think? I go out all the time even if no one comes with me (most of the time, no one comes with me). I can guarantee you no one is going to look at you funny or mock you. If anything, people might approach you and you might be lucky enough to exchange a few numbers with people as this has happened to me before as well. Why should you stay home sulking because you don't have someone to bring with you to do the things you love? I bet you'll feel awesome afterwards and the experience will give you confidence to get out there more often. Friends are overrated :)

If your parents said no then it's already decided, unless someone they trust can go with you. It may seem annoying and a waste of two tickets but it's no bad thing that they care about you. Can you beg for one of them to come with you, show you've been good and worked hard a school etc? Otherwise just accept it and move on. You've seen her before in any case! Be thankful you have two parents and two parents who care about you.

• GB

If you are allowed to use public transport by yourself, you are old enough to go alone. It would be a shame to waste the ticket. You could ask your school's principal if it's ok to have a draw for the other ticket.

• ron h

I assume you're a man, so unless you drink or drug, you should be safe. I'm not sure how good a time you'll have,but it won't hurt you. NO ONE should drink or drug among strangers--it's not safe. ( It's pretty easy to beat up and rob a drunk man.).

I wouldn't like to go to a concert alone either. Ask around, friends, relatives or neighbours. At the very least ask a parent. It is not such a faux pas to do this when you get older so dont worry about that. If the worst comes to it and you have to go alone see if you can sell your extra ticket cheaply outside the venue. Good luck; hope you find someone though.

Find someone else to go with you. I wouldn’t go alone.

Reach out to someone else and invite them. It doesn't have to be a close friend. Who knows? They may become your friend! Should you ever go alone? That depends on how "minor" you are, where the concert is located, your parent's feelings about that, and other such factors.

• christiangee5 months agoReport

I’ve been to a concert alone a few times. At first I had social anxiety but people are so engulfed in the concert u don’t feel self conscious or alone at all after the music starts playing. However be careful.. Billie Eilish concerts have huge crowds

Ohh that makes me feel sad if i go alone..

No, it's not a good idea my friend.

It's neither a good idea nor a bad one. If you can get to the concert venue safely, and return home safely with reliable transportation, there's no reason not to go if you want to.

Don't you have a sibling or cousin who could come? Perhaps a friendly neighbour or a kid at school you're not (yet) friends with but is nice enough?

Look for someone to go with. It's not only nicer to share the experience, it's also safer. In general it's better to go with someone to a concert, because there always will be someone to look after you in case something happens. There are loads of people at concerts and sometimes accidents happen. Not saying something will happen but it's better to be prepared if it does. Having someone with you aways is good idea.

If you really don't have anyone you can ask to come with you (with or without them paying the ticket) you should take some precautions to keep yourself safe. Promise a text at certain times, or a pict or something so you feel good about going on your own and your parents feel good about you being there on your own.

Because you could go on your own if your parents allow you to. It's just more fun (and safer) if you have someone to share it with.