Performance Review??

I have been at my job for about a year now and I had my first performance review. It had absolutely nothing to do with my actual performance at work. My boss told me that I don't talk to the vice president enough. (He only comes to our office about once a month if that) She said that I shouldn't close my... show more I have been at my job for about a year now and I had my first performance review. It had absolutely nothing to do with my actual performance at work. My boss told me that I don't talk to the vice president enough. (He only comes to our office about once a month if that) She said that I shouldn't close my door when he's there and that when he takes us to lunch I shouldn't look down or not look at him because she dosen't know how he perceives that. And that I should ask if he needs water or something. He's not friendly and has never actually tried to get to know me. I feel like she wants me kiss his *** and I'm not doing that. She also said don't let the other co workers attitudes run off on me and take out the trash sometimes. Now I haven't been in the workforce long but I'm pretty sure a performance review shouldn't go like this. What should I do and do I have the right to be upset about how it went?
5 answers 5