queen got adam lambert to replace Freddie mercury but he does not sound like hi. Your opinion?

him not hi

who the f1ck is adam lambert?

Source(s): nothing

snaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkee eater!

I'm not a fan of Queen at all, but I do think that band is very talented (for example, Brian May is a very talented guitarist). Freddie Mercury is irreplaceable, and Adam Lambert's vocals are nothing compared to Freddie. I personally don't think Adam is very talented and I hate his music, but even though I'm not a fan of Queen either, I think Freddie was a very talented vocalist and their music influenced some of the bands I listened to. I think the band chose him to sing for the band because they thought he would be a good fit.

Adam Lambert is a great singer and all that but, nobody could ever replace Freddie Mercury! His voice was so beautiful and he could do a lot with it. But, as he died people kept trying to replace him. Maybe one day there might be somebody almost as good as him but nobody will ever replace him! He died way too soon!

• Steve

I think that someones voice is as unique to them as their fingerprint. Youd be hard-pressed to find anyone who sounds very close to Freddie Mercury. I believe that goes for anyone also.

Adam Lambert is to Freddie Mercury

as Scott Stapp is to Eddie Vedder

• Olive

They will NEVER be able to replace Freddy Mercury

• WUWR

I actually think it's better that he's doing him than doing Freddy Mercury (not that I'm really a Queen guy or have any skin in this particular game). I think when a singer replaces another one with that sort of legacy and uniqueness it's a mistake to do an impersonation because the replacement singer will never be the original. I think the best thing you can do is what they did. Find someone who is compatible and let them do it their way. Otherwise it just highlights how absent the original person is. Be a band, not the ghost of a band, you know?

Freddy Mercury was unique.

I think Paul Rodgers fitted in better overall, whilst he was doing vocals for Queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JLyqdgqjI0

Youtube thumbnail

• Carson

He can hit the notes, but there was only one Freddie Mercury.