Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 5 months ago

Having a Cinderella wedding & want to ask someone to be the ring bearer. He is 10. What's a good proposal that kinda sticks with the theme?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

First, there's nothing wrong with a 10 year old ring bearer. It's a lot better than a terrified 5 year old stumbling down the aisle.

I do agree with others that you're complicating this. Ask his parents if they think he'd like this responsibility. If they say yes, leave Cinderalla out of it. Just explain why it's an important job.

Also, people who fixate too much on their theme sometimes forget practical details. Technically, his parents pay for his outfit, which you pick within the budget they give you. It doesn't have to be this way, but it does have to be discussed.

• 5 months ago

Dress him up as the mice at the end of Disney's Cinderella. With those feathered hats and fancy 18th century double breasted jackets.

• 5 months ago

WTF is a "Cinderella" wedding?

Weddings don't have themes, dumbass. The ONLY theme of a wedding is "getting married". If you want this child to be the ring bearer, you first ASK THE PARENTS if they support this, and if they do, you then ask the child. NO FOCKING THEME REQUIRED.

• 5 months ago

He's a ring bearer, not a spouse. You don't 'propose'. You ask him. (And at 10, he can choose to opt out)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

First ask his parents, then just ask the kid if he wants to be ring bearer.

Don't attempt to cutesy this up because the kid doesn't give a shiiiiit and you're also going to look stupid.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

you don't need to propose to a 10 year old to ask for him to be the ring bearer.... just tell his parents and have them ask. duh.

• 5 months ago

10 is too old to be ringbearer

• Oh Boy!
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

They can have their wedding however they want, with whomever they want filling the roles they want.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Weddings should not have "themes" like a birthday party. Its serious business. You just ask him if he would like to be the ring bearer for your wedding. And talk it over with his parents before you ask him.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

How much of a big deal... god..

• 5 months ago

10 is pretty old for a ring bearer. If it were me I would skip trying to be cute and thematic and just ask him and his parents together if he would like to do it.

• GB
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

I can remember the days before 'ring bearer's' when the bridegroom or best man just carried the ring or rings in their jacket pocket.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.