Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 5 months ago

Is it possible to stop my wedding if it's in a month?

For the past few months my piece of shyt fiancé has been "seeing" my wh0re of a sister. I found out a week ago and I was a mixture of livid and depressed. I want to cancel our wedding INDEFINTELY. But I have no clue how to notify my friends and family AND get at least some of my money I spent for renting things. I'm sure if I cancel now and tell them about the situation they will understand. Right?

Cancel the wedding, talk to the catering services and ask if there's a chance for a partial refund.

About your family simply tell them the wedding has been canceled, short and concise.

YES it is possible to stop your wedding if it's in a month

DO IT NOW

don't waste your time

• GB

Send an email to everyone. If someone asks why, tell them to ask your ex-fiance and sister.

If they don't they are insane! Not sure about getting refund this soon to the date though.

It doesn't matter if people understand why you're calling the wedding off, or not. If you do, you do. It's your personal choice.

Sorry about the mess, if it's true

• Kelly

Just send out a notification that the wedding has been canceled. You don't know anyone an explanation as to why.

As for refunds, this close to the wedding it's likely you won't receive your money back but will really depend on the contract with the company/vendor. This close to the wedding, the balance would have been needed to be paid in full by now for the majority of them. Your situation unfortunately is not likely to be a factor for them because then it's a business loss for them, the venue/caterer as an example has maybe already ordered supplies and things they may need for the wedding and turned away other business to do your wedding. Same thing with the photographer, they may have turned away other business to do your wedding.

It's better to be without the money than sharing a life with the wrong person.

They'll understand.

You may forfeit all deposits you've put down

troll. it doesn't take a moron to send out an email saying it's canceled.

you won't get your imaginary money back either.

If a friend or family member called me and said that their wedding was called off because their partner was cheating, I wouldnt judge the bride AT ALL. And i would prefer a months notice to a weeks notice as well.

• Jerry

I'd judge the bride as being quite incorrect and indiscreet in embarrassing others with information so personal and private as "the groom has been unfaithful." Mannerly people would rather NOT know something so very personal. (No thumbs.)

Yes, get cracking, cancel everything and get those two out of your life. Be glad you found out before and not after the marriage.