If an Italian makes food does that mean it s authentic Italian food?

My italian step-uncle made spaghettios yesterday and posted a picture and now he s arguing with the rest of his side of the family on facebook about whether or not it s authentic

No. Authentic Italian food has to be made a certain way using certain ingredients. If an Italian made something using soy sauce then it’s not authentic Italian food. If an Asian made it using tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, then it’s authentic.

Rick Bayless is not Mexican but he’s been trained by Mexican chefs so he makes authentic Mexican food.

no, whether or not a food is authentic doesnt depend on who cooked it

• John

He's either a cranky old man or he's doing it in fun. And sometimes "in fun" drags on for too long, yes.

no, some time they are used this nane

No, it doesn't mean it's authentic Italian especially not spaghettios

• Janet

Let them argue. Life is too short to become involved in disputes that really have no importance.

Just say "I'll have to think about that" and refuse to argue.

You are asking ME to help YOU fuel an argument? That wouldn't be kind or helpful of me, would it?

It matters if it was good food if it was cooked probably

I would agree with him... IF... An Italian actually invented Spaghettio's