BRIDAL SHOWER---when you have no friends?

What do engaged people do when they have no friends?

I have two sisters and my mom.

No friends to even have a bridal party. I don't care, just curious as to what brides to be do in this situation?

You could skip the shower or you could make it a very intimate affair with just your sisters and mom, although any female members of your fiancé's family should also be invited. TBH I've been to more showers where men were also invited than not. So you could make it a party for the both of you and invite guys as well.

• drip

Your sisters can be your bridesmaids. Or a closer relative of the groom.

My daughter’s friends were spread out in different states. As where her bridesmaids,p.

My friend gave her a small bridal shower, we had about ten people.

The groom’s aunt gave her a shower with lots of relatives and friends from their side.

You and your mom and sisters can go out for a nice fancy lunch together.

Or you just don’t have one. Someone throws a shower for you. Not all brides have a shower.

You just have relatives.

Although if you have no friends, that shows you can't manage relationships, and makes me question whether you are ready to get married. It puts too much pressure on a romantic relationship to have your partner be your only social outlet.

• Amanda

That's a rude and judgemental thing to say...I have 2 close friends that live 4 hours away, I am a SAHM now it's hard to make plans , I tried but no moms want to meet up...i.wish I had friends

Normally they wouldn't have a shower I would guess.. or just have one at someones house. Bridesmaids & showers aren't required.

I agree with everyone else. There's this notion out there that these are mandatory, and that has never been true. Some people (like me) even decline them when offered. I had a fairly large destination wedding and there's no way I would have felt ok accepting a mandatory gift giving event.

• GEEGEE

You just get married, as planned, with no shower.

• Kelly

The bridal shower is hosted and planned by other people, not the bride. If someone offers to host a shower for you it's fine for you to accept it but you're not owed one or entitled to one.

It's also a faux pas for immediate family to host the shower, though traditionally the MOH & bridesmaids host the shower and often the MOH is a sister so personally I've never seen an issue with it. Most showers I've been to have been hosted by a sister or a mom.

Guests are generally people that the bride is close who will also be invited to the wedding whether it's friends, family members, co-workers, etc.

Showers are also entirely optional. I didn't have a shower and I do have friends, I didn't want one.

• Jerry

That co-workers or soft ball team may have a shower for the bride doesn't create an obligation for wedding hosts to invite those coworkers or ball players to the wedding. Wedding hosts have no say in shower guest lists and thus no obligation to invite those invited to showers to the wedding.

A bridal shower is optional (and often seen as a present-grabbing occasion). You don't need one.

There is nothing for a bride "to do" about this. Brides do not automatically get a shower. It's rude for them to ask for one.

If someone volunteers to host a shower for the bride, great. If no one does, then there isn't one. It doesn't matter if the bride has no friends or 50 friends. A shower is a gift, and if no one wants to give the bride that particular gift, then there is no shower.

Traditionalists will say that it's seen as tacky/greedy for a mother or sister of the bride to host a shower, although many people consider these rules to be more relaxed these days.

When I got married on 07/05/2018, I didn't have people to celebrate with, heck, hardly anyone showes up to the wedding because it was kinda last minute and people were working. It was just my mother and I out buying snacks, came home and watched movies, drank and ate junk food. It was still memorable, one last night together before I left home and made my own family.