Rachel asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 5 months ago

Does anyone ever question their existence?

Like why were u born ? Like you feel despite having a lot in life /little ...your don't really have a purpose. Lie u recognise people are **** and the world is very materialistic etc...idk I feel pike this sometimes and question a lot of things

• We are not just born so that we may die.

We do not live just to perpetuate the next generation.

We are not cogs in a machine or at least we should not be.

Life does not exist just to burn up in the Sun.

Perpendicular to these process we must ascend.

Ascend into enlightenment. And in enlightenment a reason for everything exists. In enlightenment everything has a purpose. And it is the full realisation of an individual.

It may not be deterministic. There may be multiple acceptable results of enlightenment. Each person may serve a function in the world.

We also live to be free of these processes and enlightenment I believe is the end result of independence or what may be termed a perfect balance between the universe and the individual. Even if one is as fire is to ice. Even in chaos can we be at peace if we are united with our hearts. In our hearts is the vision of perfection.

• Not

** Yes, but I've stopped. **

I clearly exist because of my parents, and their reason for giving birth to me is my purpose.

They wanted a child so here I am. Now, I just do whatever I want.

I've stopped saying broad statements like all people are X and the world is Y and everyone should Z.

I have. I think many, if not most, do. I see it as a good thing; you're thinking. With luck, you will become wiser and happier.

Although there is a lot of (and I hate to use the word, but...) stupidity in the statements here, Y!A is a good place to examine and develop ideas. Good luck.

No, no one ever questions it. You're the first person in the history of the world to do so [NOT]. Get a clue.

I thing some people question their existence

• A C

Many do. I found answers in the Bible. I recommend starting in the New Testament; Gospel of John first, then Romans.

get back to the main stream

• j153e

Many people do, some devoting more time to this than others.

At the end of a day, having someone who loves you and whom you can love, is very helpful.

At the beginning of sleep, if one breathes a prayer to God and the Angels and Saints to help one understand one's existence and place, that brings answers.

• Nikki

people question my existence all of the time.

after so many lifetimes trying to be reborn as a human being, i was born the wrong kind.

I've always asked myself these fundamental questions; doesn't everyone, at some point or other. Add to your questions, Why are we born, what's the meaning of existence, why do we die when we die, what the point of it all? These are questions asked by people throughout all times, all ages and there have been various answers, such as: We live to help others and to relieve the suffering of others (Buddhism). In the end, that's what motivates me.