vegans what do you think of dogs being used by police?

I don't agree with it. poor animals can get injured, they are being used

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

If you know anything about dogs, you know that some breeds were bred to be working dogs and those don't make good pets unless they have something to do.

those types of dogs were bred to be working dogs long before anyone thought of being vegan so they came before you did.

Take away their purpose and you get a neurotic dog that gets in trouble all the time because it has nothing to do. there are many dogs like that. AND being police dogs and service dogs is a great job for a caring dog..better than being tied up in the back yard or sitting indoors day after day with nothing to do.

• 5 months ago

Fine with me....

• patty
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

i heard about this boy who raised all this money to buy police dogs bullet proof coats

• polly
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The same as I feel about people that use seeing eye dogs when they're visually impaired.

It's fair exchange between the dog & owner/police.

Both parties benefit from each other.

With our aging population & rising crime rates the need for service dogs has never been greater.

In fact there's a shortage of service dogs

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dimo
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I ain't vegan, but I do know my animals.

Police dogs are not being "used" -- they are having FUN.

Other dogs get to go on car trips, Police dogs ride over 4 hours a day in the car.

Every once in a while they are put off leash to get some nasty guy -- MOST FUN EVER!!!

• 5 months ago

Dogs are meant to be used. Its their purpose. Working breeds need to WORK or they become necrotic and destructive

• 5 months ago

they used save vip person or others ,,

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It is an important part of crimefighting. Use of large dogs such as Alsatians can help with the arrest of dangerous offenders. The suspect is told to 'freeze' and the dogs are taught not to bite who do. In some circumstances, the use of dogs could avoid the need to use firearms or tasers.

Other types of dogs are trained to sniff out illegal substances such as drugs or explosives.

• 5 months ago

These dogs are trained and used to protect you from the disgusting human beings that might want to subject you to various crime. They're used to scare criminals into submission and to sniff out drugs. These police dogs are no joke. They can take a hit likely much better than you can.

• ana5 months agoReport

police aren't good people. they hurt people

• 5 months ago

Well, you'll be glad to know some dog appreciates he or she won't have the pleasure of ripping some rapists leg off to protect you from getting raped.

• Lim Yuan
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

what about those that don't break the law.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.