Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

Do you have any stories about an abusive relationship with a narcissist?

Yup, narcissistic counselors. In group therapy situations, the facilitator would roast me alive in front of the other group members for being too shy to share anything they demanded I should share because "it wasn't fair to the other group members", even if it was something too personal and embarrassing like my being molested as a kid, or in an individual setting, the therapist would literally scream at me and tell me I was childish and viciously and happily blame me for the abuse that past bullies gave me, even in situations in which the person almost literally killed me. If I caught the counselor in a mistake, or asked them if they could criticize me in private, they would project it all back on me and permanently destroy me.

Also dealt with religionists who abused me in similar ways too, telling me they were the ones who were the Bible scholars and I therefore was the one who needed to stfu and listen to them.

• Dimple

Yes he remarried 3 times. Good riddance I was only engaged

yeah, no matter what they did they never cared that I was upset they'd say they were but then would go about the day with things they wanted to do having their friends over, leaving me in their room, ignoring me, taking away affection at the blink of an eye, turning around on me in arguments with threats to send me home to my parents even though we lived together, using putdowns about my mental health and life and shutting me out during conversation saying "I don't want to talk about it" and then hitting things and going to go play video games with friends like my emotions in the relationship were because I was a "*****" etc. However, when they needed me and I wasn't there for them they'd cheat on me. lie to me. ignore me. until I gave in and then they'd love bomb me with I love yous and sorrys until they got me in bed and they'd want me there for days, hardly feeding me, unless I gave in to being extra nice no matter the situation or mood or whether I wanted to. And it was all about his image, I wasn't allowed to talk to his exes, he shut me off from his friends, my friends, my family, and would expect 24/7 sexual behavior when I was around him and would yell at me if I didn't agree to saying he could find better and that he didn't need me. There's so much more I could say, I'm just glad I got out of that one...

No sorry l don’t thanks for your question

Though.

Thanks

Very best wishes

Mars

Source:) Study.

• Mars Mission

James l do not work for Yahoo, just help out.
      Kindly try and moderate your hostility.
      Cheers Mars.

My ex was a narcissist and control freak. He wouldn't allow me to wear the bra or underwear of my choice out of the house because then "i would get raped easier." He always said "i do so much for you but you never give back, im done trying until you do your turn at being nice." I think a relationship shouldn't have to take turns being nice to one another, it should come naturally and commonly. My ex said "i won't have sex with you how you want unless you cut your hair and grow out your bangs. I dont like them." In fact, we never had sex, however he "molested" me around a dozen times. He said no one would ever love me besides him because of all the problems i have.

A few years later i fell in love with a literal psychopath. He treats me better than anyone ever has. We've been together for over 5 years. He's a narcissist too because that's a trait with psychopaths, but he comes off more confident than rude like my ex did. He doesnt put me down when he lifts himself up. I love him.

• Dimple

Wtf are you dating a pedophile for?!

• bubba

Yes lots of them so many in fact I don’t want any more thanks

Yes. It sucks balls.

Narcissists lack empathy, they will never truly love you no matter how many times they tell you or try to convince you that they love you. They degrade you, rip apart your self-esteem, and erase your personality. Your dreams and your goals mean nothing to them because they have different dreams and goals for you that suits them best. When it’s all about them you begin to forget who you were before it all happened. You loose yourself until one day you just shutdown completely.

• John

I would never sustain any conversation with a narcissist. They would only see my back.

No. Always been single. I dated people but nothing like a relationship.

I was forced into seeing them at work. I was cheated on, and the other woman was obviously a narcissist/psychopath, but it was never consensually engaging with these people. I was forced to speak with them by someone I was dating or by someone at work, I do not know such people and again I do not consider them, I prefer to engage with good people who have feelings regardless of their background.

I think some life situations force you to be in touch with them, but you can walk away. It's a courageous thing to do, but you can do it.