Would it be wrong if I reported my neighbors for leaving their puppy whining in the house by itself?

My soon to be former neighbor has a little pug puppy that I believe they sometimes leave in the house alone she's done it once while the kids were in school and she was working and then today I could hear the puppy whining in the house and it eventually stopped whining now i'm growing concerned she lives on... show more My soon to be former neighbor has a little pug puppy that I believe they sometimes leave in the house alone she's done it once while the kids were in school and she was working and then today I could hear the puppy whining in the house and it eventually stopped whining now i'm growing concerned she lives on section 8 so she really shouldn't have it anyway I believe they're moving out cause her furniture was thrown out front what should I do? I feel bad for the dog