Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 5 months ago

can i sell my computer for this much and buy a new one?

i have a imac from 2007 that has a failed power supply and hard drive and i want to sell it for 1200 (the original price) on ebay so i can have the money to get a gaming laptop, no ones bought it yet and it’s been a week, what should i do

Update:

i didn’t say the power supply and hard drive were failed on the page, i wrote on ebay that it’s in perfect condition

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

i would just try and sell it and then you'll know if you can or not

• Who
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Do you have a mental problem?

you wanna sell a computer 12 years old with 2 major problems for the same price you paid for it, when you can get a working imac model several years younger than yours for 1/2 the price on ebay?

what should you do? - go see a doctor about your mental problem

• 5 months ago

i would try it and see and then you'll know if you can or not

• 5 months ago

A computer, loses 50%, of it's value, as soon as you plug it in.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Sorry, you're scamming. A broken iMac will devalue.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

A 12 year old broken computer. You should pay someone to haul it away!

• 5 months ago

Without the power supply and hard drive you have a box, a motherboard, and maybe a few peripherals like keyboard and mouse, none of which can be tested without a power supply and hard drive, or a motherboard tester.

Not working I say $100-$150. Good luck selling it for more.

• Jeff
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Something old and broken isn’t going to sell for its original price and if it does you’re being unethical at best.

Update: Your update confirms you’re trying to scam people.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Reduce the asking price. Let's face it, the machine doesn't work so as far as a buyer knows it could be a lump of junk. I will be surprised if you can give it away. You could put a new PSU and hard drive into it but that still doesn't guarantee a sale.

• 5 months ago

Sorry, won't go near that high. The problem is that computer technology leaps forward at such a fast pace, older computers depreciate faster than cars do. I really doubt you will get more than a few hundred dollars for that iMac....at the best.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.