What should I do?

I don’t have a life. I spend every day and night in bed watching tv and living off of benefits. I am on anti depressants and propranolol for anxiety. I am 28 years old and dont know where to start to get a decent life.

• kim

Reach out and start with a social worker, if you have one or get busy with a therapist. Your prescribing doctor should prefer you to one. But each and everyday get out for a few blocks and walk. Start your day with a prayer to do Gods will and ask him for your needs. Turn on joyce Meyers show, everyday living. I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm glad you are making it this far, even if you have a ways to go!

My niece was like that Tomorrow, go to a hospital & volunteer

• Angie

man - life can be depression. people can really bring you down. I assume you are introverted? Maybe not enjoy all that stimulation that big social events give you? It can be hard to get started, I find myself in ruts a lot where I just don't want to do anything. But I make myself and 99.9 percent of the time I am glad I did.

Do you enjoy a hobby of any kind? Like art? Photography? Find something that you enjoy doing, art is particularly good because it relieves stress and anxiety. Sometimes I paint, and I can't draw I am not talented but painting is therapeutic, so it helps me.

Make a list of things you would like to get done before the end of summer. Call it your summer bucket list.

Take a walk

watch a sunset

eat ice cream outside

go to the library

have a picnic

dance in the rain

stuff like that - each time you do one of those things check it off....it will make you feel accomplished.

I hope you feel better soon

• Alan H

Start by getting out of bed.

Then seek medical support

Look for a job.

If need be take counselling

You are not a puppet......matters are in your own hands

The world owes none of us a living

You need to get out. Look for a job, study something, volunteer somewhere. God to the gym, go hiking, do anything that gets you out. You will need to get a job though, unemployment is detrimental to self esteem

Everybody has 1, and only 1 life. You are the only who can choose what to do with your own life.

Source(s): I am a male.

Might as well quit trying as this point

& I'm not trying to be a downer but you're

past the good years of your life now is

old age.

Start by going outside. Just a walk. Explore. Start doing little hobbies like reading or drawing or learning to play guitar. I have depression and I find any form of creativity really helps with it. Small things like that. you don't have to build a bridge in a day just small bricks everyday. Start cooking and cleaning yourself. Do small jobs like packing selves at night. Good if your anxiety also hates people like mine. Just small things man. Set out a goal for the life you want and slowly make your way there.

Prescription drugs for depression often just mask the problems, so consider seeing a psychologist and getting off drugs altogether. And I agree, exercise can be very beneficial.

Fresh air and gentle exercise. Go to your doctor and ask for some psychological help with the anxiety. Try to eat three decent, nutritious meals a day and develop a healthier sleep routine.

Find something to do other than watching TV, find a reason to get up on a morning, volunteer at the local charity shop. Take a work readiness course which helps with CV and covering letter writing, interview skills and several other things, they are free and available everywhere.

Decide what you want from life, the help is there. You just have to look for it.