Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 6 months ago

Is there really an afterlife? Why would we be put here just to die and then we just cease to exist?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Raja
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No one lives after death in any form and there is no afterlife. There are spirits but they are separate elements. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives in any form after death. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

REINCARNATION

To form a reincarnation all spirits which lived with a body must possess another person together. Then only he/she can feel the same person who died. But this is not happening because the spirits never stay together to haunt or possess another. They go searching new bodies. Rarely there might have been certain cases but I think they have changed after some time. I mean, they didn't able to remember anything after certain age. Spirits during their life time live with many bodies (one after another). Their memories sometimes affects the person. This is natural. This is not enough to believe that there is rebirth. No one returns after death. A human's life ends with his/her own body.

• 6 months ago

No more than any other animal or plant for that matter.

The question presumes that we" were put here", in the first place. All evolution is a matter of survival of the fittest. I am here only because of a chance meeting of my parent.

This happened at a serviceman USO canteen during WWII. Had my dad or mom not been there, I wouldn't be here. Random chance.

• 6 months ago

I don't think there's an afterlife. Nor do I think we were put here by anything other than mindless processes.

If we were put here by a being that had, in it's mind, some purpose for us, only it would know for sure, but things can be created for temporary purposes as well as for lasting purposes.

Sand castles aren't meant to last forever. They occupy, for a short time, the attention of those that build them. Building them may satisfy the urge to craft and create, and the castles may be admired and appreciated by those that observe them, but then, having served their purpose, they are abandoned, to be obliterated into non-existence by the forces of nature.

• 6 months ago

Nobody knows. People have beliefs, but they don't really know.

Who do you think put us here? Maybe we just evolved by random chance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Imagine Heaven by John Burke has nde testimonies.

The Masters and Their Retreats is another approach.

Testimony of Light and The Great Divorce are good.

The Reincarnation of Edgar Cayce by Free and Wilcock and Soul Survivor by Leininger are about reincarnation.

So, lots of information choices.

• You, as matter and energy, don't cease to exist...nothing does. As to what you call life....if you write a computer program, run it for a while, then destroy it, does it re-create itself? Of course not. The effects of the program may linger for a while, but the code does not reconstruct.

• 6 months ago

A fish in an aquarium could ask the same thing - which makes you think.

• 6 months ago

Per Bible, yes there is life if God resurrects you here on earth. (Matthew 5:5). If not, you remain dead forever, return to nothingness. (Ecclesiastes 9:5 6 10)

• mom
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Jesus resurrect Lazarus here on earth. if Lazarus was in heaven, which Jesus knew he was not in heaven, why would Jesus resurrect Lazarus here on earth, just to die again and go back to heaven? because he was never in heaven and Lazarus never said he was in heaven

• Iam
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Dunno - I haven't died yet.

• 6 months ago

No one really knows.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.