what causes gout?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Gout appears to come on suddenly, often in the form of a painfully swollen big toe or lower body joint. In reality, it’s the end result of a process that’s been taking place in the body for a while.

• 6 months ago

having too much protein in your diet, both my dad and granny had it. If you go on meds for it you have to be careful as it interacts bad with a lot of other stuff. (My dad couldn't take any painkillers) My granny drank a lot of cherry juice as they say that is one of the best things to do for gout

• Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

High levels of uric acid in the blood, which in turn is caused by underexcretion of the acid by the kidneys.

Contrary to popular belief, diet plays a role in only a relatively small minority of cases, but there are some foods that are high in uric acid and that a gout sufferer should therefore avoid. Mostly, the problem is age-related (and partly genetic), and with increased life expectancy, cases of gout have increased

• 6 months ago

It's an issue connected with over-acidity in the body caused by chronic dehydration and primarily a deficiency in salt. Salt is vital for the prevention of gout and gouty arthritis.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

They don't know. A form of arthritis, and bloody sore. I take Voltaren tablets when it strikes.

Peace.

• 6 months ago

Eating meat, being overweight

• 6 months ago

Calcium deposits in the joints usually caused by eating rich foods and was common with wealthy Victorians who over indulged with meat and game.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Ultimately a poor diet too high in protein and too low in water, vegetables and fruit.

The result is vitamin malnutrition that prevents the proper breakdown of uric acid, which then builds up in the extremities (toes, feet, fingers and hands).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.