Anonymous

I really hate my job and it is very stressful at wal-mart, what should I do?

I live in a crappy small town and the only other jobs are working at a plant for minimum wage or retail.

I hate pushing a cash register and framingvwith very rude employees and nasty customers. I made so much more money in the city doing construction and security. Here they pay less, slave drive, it's backwards, there's no breeze outside, it's too hot.

I'm startingvto get angry and bitter because my job is all these clicks and very judgemental shady people who are miserable. It's rubbing off on me.

I don't want to quit because the pay is above minimum.

I get treated like crap by the managers who act better than everyone too.

I moved out here to live with my girlfriend.

• B

definitely quit the walmart and go back to the city, find a place on www.realtor.com look for rentals in the zipcode of your choice, ask the gf to please go with you

Most of the customers should be treating you well. Are you sure you are pleasant to them and don't deserve their wrath? It seems odd that the majority would treat you badly if you didn't deserve it. Either do the job with a smile, and stop complaining, or move to where there are better jobs and get one of those.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

So...you have a couple of options.

1. Ditch the girlfriend and move back to the city.

2. Move back to the city together.

3. Try the long distance thing.

Those are your options.

• Judy

why not go to the city and work construction?

Move back to the city.

You can do what everyone else who is stuck in a crappy job and does not have the ability to move away to a place where there are better jobs....

You either..keep your head down, tolerate it and save up every cent you have until you have enough money to both move and live on until you can find a better job somewhere else

Or

You drink lots of booze when you get home and try to drown out the misery.

• audrey

All retail is like that. Been in it 18 years. Why did you have to leave the other place where you were happier?

• That's retail in a nut shell. Pretty much any store you work for will have those things going on.

Obviously wal mart isn't a good fit for you.

I think you should have stayed in the city, usually there's more opportunities in a larger town or city. Move back to the city if you can and get back into construction, or find some thing else that has better pay.

• Gert

Leave and go back to the 'big city'.

Does your town start with a H in central California,because u described exactly howthe walmart n town is likefor my crappy town ,is where im from....ya maybe u should quit urjob go back to school for construction engineerimg. full time student, or get another job that is slightly similar t o what u want. dont stress ur self put. of wal mart is not right f or u, stop doing it. and keep hustling.