Hercules asked in SportsMartial Arts · 5 months ago

Ufc fans, if all rules were removed except that the winner is the sole conscious person after an hour, would you still watch? Why or why not?

• Todd

If all rules were removed, it would be boring. The challenge is to stick within the rules. Here's why I say that. Winning a no weapon fight is easy if there are no rules and there's only one opponent.

yeah id still watch. but it would just be people quickdrawing on each other like the cowboy days. i still wanna watch people fight without weapons. also if you remove too many rules it would become unattractive to the best athletes. you would only get mugs who dont care if they live or die.

• Hercules5 months agoReport

Would there be any level of brutality that would stop you watching?

no.

A: people cant sustain a fight for an hour homie. world class athletes are often gassed after 5, 5 minute rounds with breaks in between.

B: While some people enjoy mma simply for the violence, others enjoy watching the actual technique.

C: Im not sitting down for an hour for that ****

• Hercules5 months agoReport

Who said they’d necessarily be fighting for an hour? A dead person can’t fight back after all, which is one option

• Paul

whht do u mean by "rules" your statement is an idiotic one testament to todays generation …

if I bring a chainsaw does that imply I can use it moderately

Similar to Vale Tudo and early UFCs? Maybe here and there. Yeah. As long as the skill level is there. Rarely do I watch sloppy brawling. Anything that resembles it in a sport environment is not something I would be interested in.

Not to the point death though. That's a bit too extreme.

Many years ago, when MMA fighting was in it's infancy, that's how they fought. The rules were later added.

• skeptic

Hey kid. Your original question says nothing about 'to the death', now does it? Any idiot knows we don't have any type of fighting sport in America that allows death.