Where can I get a cheap car battery? I have a 2000 Subaru Outback n I’ve been looking forever! I’m trying to spend <$100 but if I can’t lmk!?

I just replaced the battery in my 2000 Subaru Outback a few months ago. I think the new one was about $82 at Costco. In my state there's also a $15 core charge that you get refunded when you return the old one, plus sales tax. So it was like $110 or something out the door, with $15 back when I returned the old one.

Does Walmart ring a bell?

Look for a business in your area that sells rebuilt/refurbished car batteries. Here in California their is a chain store called "Interstate Batteries" that sells them.

• Jay P

You could go used and buy one from a salvage yard.

I bought my last battery from Costco. I don't remember the exact cost but it wasn't expensive and it's been reliable. I've had it in the car for 3 or 4 years without any issues.

Sams club, they are usually about $20 cheaper then the auto parts store outlets in price.

• Erik

Costco has the cheapest batteries.

You might want to check a junk yard for a recently replaced battery in a wreck.

Forever? Your search skills obviously suck. Look for a Group 26R battery with at least 550 CCA [Cold Cranking Amps] at COSTCO. SAMS CLUB. WALMART, LOWES.

This is the "thing". Seahawks fan found you a cheap battery.

It has a one year warranty, so you are likely to be in a situation where the "cheap turns out expensive".

• .