Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Is my friend dumb, she carries a 20 lb dumbbell in her backpack and goes for 2 mile walks daily?

Like why carry that much weight for no reason?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Walking with a weight uses more energy, and builds more muscle, than walking without the weight, or not moving at all.

• Benny
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

You're asking people who have never met her about her intelligence level? Lol.

• 5 months ago

It certainly isn’t healthy for her back so she should just walk with weights on places. You should tell her that. Though she’s not dumb for wanting to be in shape.

• k w
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

haven't you ever heard of arm weights or leg weights ?

• k w
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

add strength/stamina

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It helps burn some additional calories.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

That is like saying people who to 1 rep max do it for no reason. I do dumbbell curl 35 lb 1 rep for a reason. I do bench press 115 lbs 1 rep for a reason.

Here are the reasons.

1. To build endurance and strength.

2. Prove your potential and keep growing.

Try it!

• 5 months ago

I did that to build up my back preparing for a two week backcountry trip. With the tent, sleeping bag, clothes, water, and food, my pack weighed 60lbs at the start of the trip; so it was helpful to work up to to that. Tell her to use a 25lb sandbag instead, it’s softer, so it doesn’t dig into her back.

• 5 months ago

Is she trying to lose weight?

• 5 months ago

There IS a reason

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Bet she's in far better shape than you are.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.