G asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Is being vegan healthy?

I was thinking about being a vegan but I don’t know. First, I just generally don’t really want to. It would be very hard. I want realistic answers, if you advocate for it, please don’t erase the cons because I know that there are some. Actually a more accurate thing to ask is “is it worth it?”

No , not really , it’s bad for your body , you need both sources meat and vegetation

• ann5 months agoReport

Consuming 95% less animal products than people do now, will get them living healthier for longer as well as destroying the government, economically speaking. By the way, according to research, all nutrients human beings need can be found in vegetables, seeds, nuts and fruits

Not really.hey have to go wayyyy extra to get the needed protein

u can add some fruit and meat on it would be much more healthier

No it isnt healthy.

Yes.

and I will report anyone who says otherwise.

• GEEGEE

Not sure why you are considering it if you really don't want to. Perhaps you could go meatless/animal product free several days a week. Ease into it and give your body time to adjust. And you'd be giving your body a wide range of nutrients if you do this.

It can be relatively healthy, but depends on the choices you make

That depends on what the person eats.

For example, a diet of pretzels and beer probably isn't the greatest.

I once knew a vegetarian who didn't eat vegetables. The girl lived on bagels & cream cheese and macaroni & cheese.

There is nothing about an omnivorous, vegan or vegetarian diet that guarantees that it is healthy or not. Individual food choices must be looked at.

I'm not sure if straight veganism is healthy in the long term or not, but vegetarianism is, so you might try that first.

To be a healthy vegetarian, and especially vegan, takes a lot of work. You have to understand nutrition and you have to eat the right foods. Getting an adequate variety of foods and getting enough protein are often problems for vegans. If you're not committed to it, you won't do well at eating properly.

You say you don't really want to do it, so I don't think you should. Perhaps someone is pressuring you into it. If so, be your own person and do what's right for you, not what someone else tells you to do.

• Daisy

Is it "worth it to you". That's a decision you need to make.

There are no pros to going vegan, IMO. You won't be smarter (veg*ns actually have smaller brains), your skin won't be beautiful, you won't necessarily lose weight, you won't save the planet, etc. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/article/going-vegan-...

There are many cons which is why almost 90% of veg*ns add meat back into their diet. You need to take manufactured supplements to replace the nutrients in animal foods, It's harder to eat out or enjoy family dinners. One vegan who has posted here claims to take 7 pills a day.

The only reason to be vegan is because you think it's wrong to kill and eat other animals. But only you can decide that.