is it wrong to give my deceased wife wedding ring to my new wife?

58 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Yes it is! Don't be a cheap ***,go buy another ring.

• 6 months ago

Bad idea! A ring symbolizes your union with ONE person! Get a new ring for a fresh start in a new marriage! Good luck & blessings to you!

• Tara
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

ugh .. that is erie ! .. and disrespectable to both wives. omg - who does that .. yikes.

• B
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

yes, I think it is wrong. give that ring to your kid or use it to sell to get cash for your new wife maybe buy her a necklace or bracelet now.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I would not do that. Give that ring to your daughter if you have one, or offer it to a son. Or to a niece if your first wife was close to her.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Typically Women are really REALLY Squeamish about that kind-o-thing,,!

So unless the ring worn by your deceased wife was a 'Family' ring like from your Mom or Grandmother or something then DON'T be a DumbA*s! , just put the old ring away or take it to a jeweler & work out a deal for something else...

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Not wrong. I am sure she wants you to be happy. But if you can afford then get another one. You can always sell your deceased wife’s ring to the jewelers and get a different one.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Unless she's okay with it, yes very much so wrong and inappropriate.

Myself, I'd rather have no ring than have a ring that was intended for someone else and was bought with them specifically in mind and was their story. That includes ex-partners, deceased partners, grandma's, mom's etc.

I'm hot high maintenance, I just want something that was for me.

• 6 months ago

yes its very wrong... buy a new one .

• 6 months ago

I personally wouldn’t find it inappropriate. I think it’s a way of healing and I personally would find it even more intimate as it had more sentimental value to you and you were still entrusting it to me. Now, if it had belonged to an ex-wife that would be different but since it is from a lost loved one it’s all up to you. I think if she’s uncomfortable with it maybe look into getting a different ring but I would take it as a sign that you have truly moved on and are looking forward to a life with me. Dont listen to the others, or even me if you disagree. I would go with your gut. If you want to give it to her, do it. It’s only a physical object.

• Emily Rose
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

you kind of contradicted yourself here if it has sentimental value to him which im sure it does then it's not just a physical object.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.