Seniors, are any of you experiencing what I have to do to answer questions?

Suddenly, I have to check blocks in a triangle in order for my answer to be excepted. "Check which squares have a bridge in it!" etc.

Update:

Make that 'accepted instead of 'excepted'.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

yes, they're holding me up too.

• 5 months ago

Pain in the neck to do that.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I understand that it is all about stopping robots posting answers. I guess that a robot cannot understand the pictures so it is preventing them getting in. My own gripe about these pictures is that they are so blurred, very unclear indeed and, because I have limited eyesight I have great difficulty seeing some of them. I've even resorted to using a magnifying glass.

P.S. So far, today (Tuesday) I haven't had any more of those. What a relief/

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes me too, i don't know why this is happening, it is very annoying!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Yes, that is typical for Y/A since they have too many glitches as it is.

Try refreshing it.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I think we are are experiencing it. It's Yahoo's way to try and combat bots. I don't mind. I also have noticed you have to use at least 15 characters so no more yes and no answers. I like that, too.

• 5 months ago

Thank goodness it wasn't personal. I thought Yahoo was trying to weed out all the ones that had reached level 7.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

What I'm experiencing is that when I answer a question, a row of pictures pops up, and I have to check off the correct ones to get my answer to appear (i.e. "Check all of the squares that have a crosswalk in them"). I thought I was the only one having the problem, but glad to know it's not just me.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

It's everybody, on every board in Y/A. It's to keep "bots" off the board.

• 5 months ago

Yes, yahoo has decided that we are now robots, and gives such granny images that we can not even tell what they are, still I get at least 95% of them.

• 5 months ago

Everyone has to do it. It is to stop computer generated spam taking over the site. By the way, the word you want is "accepted" not "excepted". The two have entirely different meanings.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.