Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 months ago

my wife purchased art in my name and we are seperating?


I own it all and approved the purchases but she is back with her family and she wants to the pieces to rotate in her gallery. she owns one but the art collection is mine. we have a son and daughter and the art collection is all mine and in trust for our son. She fears it will turn her business which most of the profits were from her curating my collection Should I even care? she has no right to any of my families property anymore or wealth

Update 2:

it is in my possession. I dont want her little business to fail, but I dont think it is as important as my assets obviously which my son will inherit. She was not able to use government coercion to get any of my money, assets, homes or personal affects. Even the engagement ring is back in my possession. She is staying at her parents house.

Update 3:

Payments of what? there are no payments other than insurance..and since I own it I pay that.

Update 4:

and the marriage was annulled, not a divorce

Update 5:

Im not giving it back to her. Its just that some of the pieces are in her gallery. they are mine though and will be till I die. there is no marital property. she has the property that was hers that she came into the marriage with and I have mine. I protected myself from any of that bs and I have custody of the children. She does not even have a place to live. Im asking you people if you think I should continue to let her curate my collection. without me her business will fail.

Update 6:

the marriage was annulled. we are not married anymore.

9 Answers

  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

    no. Do not bother with any of that. Just make sure your kids have a good nanny if they are still young. You have children and you cannot worry about ex wives and lovers. they have to come first. who really cares about a silly business owned by someone who is no longer part of your family. Get someone else to curate it if you are to busy to do it yourself

  • 5 months ago

    So? You're married right now..

  • kristy
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

    Lol, well that’s too bad

  • Ana
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

    File a Police report for fraud/theft

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

    just get it back in her possession. unless she is a old lady she is going to at least try to find a new husband. No women wants to go from having access to many homes and an art collection and owning a fun business that helps her socially to having nothing. Let the next guy worry about that

  • 5 months ago

    Purchased during the marriage? It is marital property and you can sue for half the value or the artwork OR in lieu of that, something else of value.

  • 5 months ago

    Talk to your attorney about this. It's still a property issue, and you don't say if your divorce is final, or if there any arrangements to which you previously might have agreed. Certianly it needs to be spelled out very specifically in your divorce agreement.

  • RP
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    If you divorce, maybe she'll leave you with the payments, too.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Ask for it back or let her have it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.