Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

Would you be wary of someone who has no friends?

Why/Why not?

I guess it depends on their personality like if they aren't nice people or if they're very rude or inconsiderate then yeah i would be wary of them bc most ppl that act that way don't make friends unless if their friends are like them and the friends they might make who are nicer they usually end up losing them

Yes, kind of.

I recently, in the past five years, made a new friend. Like anyone you just meet, it takes time to get to know them. Well, I realized she has no friends. I find that odd because she has lived in the area for several decades. I have several close friends with whom I have been close to for 20 to 40 years.

After getting to know this person, I came to realize she is a drama queen and everything in her life, no matter how big or small, takes on a life of it's own and becomes a major issue. Even when things are going well, something comes up to "ruin everything". In a nut shell, she has zero coping skills for anything good, bad, happy or sad. It is soooo annoying and now I realize why there are no long term friendships with this person. Even I, an acquaintance, want to back off and away.

I have learned that there are reasons why some people have no friends. And, it ain't good.

• Jahal

Most people don't know the meaning of friendship. How many Yahoo questions have you seen that start with. My friend -

Picks on me...

Borrows money and won't repay it

Only wants to hang out when. X isn't available..

Doesn't pay share of the rent.....

Hangs around people who talk about me behind my back...

So many people would rather kerp so called friends who disrespect them, than have real standards about how they are treated

I know a girl who keeps to herself she chooses not to hang with people because they all hurt her in different ways when she’s actually really sweet. It’s people like that who screwed my chances to get closer to her.

No. Many old people have few or no friends.

Not as much as somebody that once told me they had " 150 intemate friends". This was pre internet days 1970s

It depends on why they have no friends but everyone has different social needs. Some are more introverted,ect. Being alone doesn’t equate to weirdness necessarily.

Some people are just natural loners

I might become wary of people based on what they say to me.

• Lita

No. Some people are naturally loners.

At some point in your life, you too had no friends. Fortunately someone else befriended you.