Do you ever miss toxic friends you've cut out of your life?

I have to cut a friend this year, but for several different reasons.

- He was extremely toxic, he would do nothing but go on and on and on about his depression and mental health issues. Like we do what we can to help but then there is just attention seeking.

- He is extremely hypocritical, goes against something one day and is all for it the next day.

- When I told him I no longer wanted to be friends with him, he started taking it out on me, we were both admins of this group page (along with others) and started his it on me by stripping me of my admin position, claiming I wasnt right in the head, and from then on I was the subject of target in his mind by saying I need to be put on a behaviour policy, and that I was annoying, abrupt and rude. He then starting making claims that I sexually assualted him when I never ****** touched him. He also grabbed my arm and screamed at me in a public place once a couple months ago (which was the reason I ended the friendship)

Tbh there is so much more that I don't want to get into but I think I've highlighted some of the worst parts. We had some fun times but honestly, he was not a good influence on me, he never really looked out for me, he tried acting like he was more mature when in reality, he was childish. He made offensive and inappropriate comments on a daily basis as well.

Just one of them but i just remind myself that i cut them out my life for a reason or reasons and at the end of the day if someone is a bad influence on you then that person is not a true friend because they don't care about your well being, they don't care if your goals are sabotaged, and they don't really care as much as you think they do as long as they have fun and they get what benefits them then they're good to go. I don't need that i have good friends that don't act like they're still teenagers so im good.

I miss the chance I had to tell them where to go when I had that chance. But I'm glade they are gone!

I think that with all friendships, there are good times and bad times. Removing toxic people from your life is a step forward because no one needs anyone dragging them down with negativity. Sure, there are good times that are missed, but if thought about for another moment or two, one realizes how toxic the friend truly is and that is enough to pull back and have a reality check as not to get re-involved with such people.

Yes. Before things got toxic, they made this life worth living. I’m Pretty much totally isolated now. I’m an older guy with a younger son and my divorce was so bad it ruined our relationship. Sometimes I just want to die. They screwed me up with psychiatric drugs after I went through my divorce and I’ve never been the same. So I really have nothing now. I live alone in section 8 housing and I’m Social Security disability and basically I really wish I was dead most of the time. That’s how bad it is

Unfortunately yes. The memories of the good times can remain long after they are gone. My best advice is to try and forget them as best you can. Imagine all your memories of them as a balloon and imagine just letting the balloon go.

Yeah I blocked literally all my friends one day. I blocked them on all social medias, ignored their asses at school till it ended. Still dont talk to them. I missed them at first but now I dont care.

No because I have found some new, better friends along the way.

Yes. This year I cut off a friend, and our friendship isn't as close as it used to be. But as soon as I left she went to one of the popular girls and they became besties. I used to be the popular girl. I realized that she was just being friends for popularity. She would always push me down, and make me very insecure, with slight comments like, I never knew someone could look like a curtain. She was to toxic. But she was still my best friend for 4 years.

• Eric5 months agoReport

The truth falls in the middle, and it doesn’t alter the fact your joy in being friends with her just wasn’t there anymore so this is no criticism of anything you did here

• yay

As messed up as it's going to sound, yes, there is one person I kind of miss because when she wasn't busy being a complete snake in the grass, she was so much fun. Not the kind of person you could trust, but never boring.