Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 5 months ago

In market for new SUV without CVT, Hundai Santa Fe is too ugly, Jeep Grand Cherokee looks good but buyers say not reliable, any comments?

• zipper

Jeep not reliable; since when? I just brought a Jeep Grand Cherokee with 98,000 on it, with out any hesitation. Except for a Jeep Diesel I never had any problems with my Jeeps. I did have one that after hit in the rear by a drunk it locked up in low range forward. So I traded it in for another one with 68,000 on it great ride; it lasted to 329,000 miles. So I have no idea who is telling you Jeeps are a bad vehicle. It could be that they do not take care of them very well, no vehicle last long with out any good care!

• John

I'm on my fourth Cherokee/Grand Cherokee and I have nothing bad to say about them. No car is perfect, none of my Jeeps have been worse than any other cars I've had.

what about an MG? A Mitsubishi Pajero/ Montero is also an option

JGC is very popular around here. If it was truly a bad vehicle, it wouldn't sell so much. The model line has been around since the 1990's

I've had both and the Santa Fe was a better value; but the GC drove much better.

Hyundai Palisade or Kia Telluride

There are about 50 brand new models of vehicles classified as SUV's. Go to Google and Type in ''2019 SUV's'' and you'll get a list of all of them. Weed out the ones that are out of your price range or have CVT's. From there, start doing your own research by reading reviews. There are literally thousands of test reports and reviews on line.

• Jay P

I agree with the Jeep statement. FCA ( Fiat Chrysler Automobiles ) is consistently at the bottom of quality surveys.

As for the Hyundai, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

• P

I'm personally a fan of a slightly used Acura MDX or Honda Pilot for larger SUV's.

For something smaller, but still a good size Honda CRV (economical but "slow") or a slightly used Acura RDX (~6 second 0-60)

• R R

Look into Subaru, symmetrical 4wd is standard and they last forever. I have one with 156K and so far the only problem has been the A/C compressor went out at 130k.