have you ever been On jury duty?

how did you like it?

I was there for about 5 hours today, almost got on a case.

I was called once like in 2006 I remember.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I reported for three days without being selected for a jury. It was comfortable, we were allowed to use electronic devices in the waiting area, and there was a cafe (not free) down the hall. The staff showed films (G rated) on the big screen in the waiting room for those who did not bring something to read or do. The pay covered the gasoline I used to get to the courthouse, and parking was free. It wasn't fun or even interesting, but the staff did all they could to make it bearable.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

yes and it taught me that our legal system is very flawed

most people didn't want to be there and didn't give a crap about the case

Forcing someone to be a juror only gives them an attitude

I lost a week's pay

• 6 months ago

I was seated once. It was a very interesting experience. The previous time I was called was a short holiday week and whatever civil case it was we were called for was settled, and we were excused. The last time sounded like a very interesting civil case in federal court, but I became ill and had to ask to be excused and I was.

The time I did serve was for a trial on a rape charge. The prosecution did not prove its case, and we on the panel were left wondering why THE most important witness for either side, potentially - someone all who testified seem to agree was present at the party where the rape allegedly took place - was not called to testify by either side. It put us in a tough position, because we were instructed that we could only consider that which was presented during the trial. We could not consider ANYTHING that was not presented. In the end, we felt that it was a case of consensual relations where the alleged victim became angry with the alleged attacker after the fact and cried 'rape'. Too many things about her testimony didn't add up.

• 6 months ago

Was selected for three different ones in a two year span. Helped me understand legal system better and would

do it again if selected.

Former SSgt.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I've been called at least 11 or 12 times, but served only twice.

• 6 months ago

Never, but I was told I would hate it.

• 6 months ago

Yes, I've been called up for jury duty several times and I thoroughly enjoyed it every time. I feel honored when I'm called up.

I was on the jury for a case involving a burglary. There was very little evidence that said the defendant did it. I was elected foreman; the biggest challenge was everyone talking at once. We ended up being a hung jury.

• Mog
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes. No cases came up all year. There was one but it was settled the day before the jurors were going to start being selected.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes. I have served on a civil jury and I have been a juror for a criminal case. I enjoyed actually being on the jury both times.

• 6 months ago

I have been notified I was eligible twice. Never got called in.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.