Do you like Stevenage in Hertfordshire?

• Cara

From the ages of six to ten I was at school in what is now known as "Old Stevenage." It was a quiet country town with some historic buildings. Then everything went crazy, some lovely houses were pulled down, and the new town sprang up with brutalist architecture everywhere. I haven't been back for years, and feel no wish to do so.

• John P

Though I live within 130 miles of Stevenage, I have never been there. The name has a slightly negative feel to it!

There are better and worse places.

No. It has little architectural merit.

I would like the house prices if I was a homeowner.

I am a southerner who bought a 3 bed terrace house in the north east of England for just £25,000. What amazed me was that it is easier to get a job than in the south where house prices are crazy. Of course it's not a posh job but there is no way that a working class man could buy a house in the south.

yes it's ok