Why are Japanese cars better than American cars?

Japanese cars last a long time, they are cheap to maintain, and are more fuel efficient.

• Toruko

My mechanic explained why. Japanese engines are built tighter.

Park it every day on a carpet and there will be no spots.

Disagree. A '38 Cord is far better than a '65 Toyota.

And, a 2019 Lexus is better than Any Pinto. Safer, too.

In the 6 years I've had it, my Chevy now needs only an oil seal to be roadworthy. If I could get transaxle out to get fix it properly, it would still be running.

In the 3 years I've had the Toyota; its needed new carburetor (hard to get and expensive), leak from front mains seal (required sleeve to repair properly, so it would and not just leak, again), had bad fuel lines, now leaks 3 qts of oil in 30 miles. Carb now clogged, Again. Getting to the leak requires removing motor mounts and lifting engine 2 inches.

• zipper

And you believe that fairy tail!?

LOL

What rock have you been living under?

When American-made cars are shipped to Europe and especially Asia, they have to have mechanical work done (better seal when the doors are shut, etc.) before they are put on the showroom floor. Europeans and Asians have higher automobile standards than Americans. I subscribe to Consumer Reports. Take a look at the recall numbers for American-made vehicles versus Asian-made vehicles. (Though, admittedly, Britain's Jaguar has long been a notorious piece of c---p.)

• geezuskreyest

Don't forget about Land Rover. What doesn't go wrong with them?

• zeno

The EPA and democrats destroyed the

Car companies.

America builds cars for a captive market which has been brought up to believe American is best.

Japan builds cars for a world market where, if they are not up to the best standard, the market is free to buy from another country.

Closed market mentality leads to lower competition and eventually lower quality.

• JonZ

I disagree!

rnaybe they rnake thern better