Why won't my money go in direct deposit?

Some background: Managers get paid on Wednesday where I work. Normal employees get paid Friday at midnight.

So yesterday (Thursday) my manager mentioned she hadn't received her paycheck yet, and that other managers from other stores aren't getting theirs either. She said according to them there's "complications".

For them its been 2 days and me and other employees aren't getting our money yet.

I don't know what to do or anything.

• Clive

You've had an answer. There are complications. No point asking here - how would we know what those are?

• lucy

The biggest expense a company has is payroll. NO company is exempt from making too much money to have financial problems.

So odds are, that the company is going bankrupt, or could be changing ownership (selling). Or, if they changed payroll companies, then could have a "glitz" in the new company.

Until you find out the answer, then be prepared for possibly not having your paycheck at midnight.

Be patient. We have no idea what the issue is, there are many things it could be.

computer error(s) ?? Live off of your savings anc credit cards.

If you are in the USA then report it to the Department of Labor for your state.

Usually it means that the company is about to go out of business.